BI-KYO FORUM BOARD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BI-KYO FEVER

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
~sweetheart~
Admin
Admin
~sweetheart~

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-11-06

SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Empty
PostSubject: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:14 am

Song Hye Kyo in Beijing for Shampoo Brand Promotion, Thursday January 24, 2008 China

CRIENGLISH.com

South Korean actress Song Hye Kyo attended a promotional event for a shampoo brand in Beijing on Wednesday and shared her personal experience on hairdressing with Chinese fans.

The Beijing News reported that the star has published a book introducing effective methods of body building and hairdressing.

The singer also expressed her wish to cooperate with Chinese directors and actors. Hong Kong directors Liu Weiqiang and Wong Kar Wai were the two movie makers that she admires the most and she said "It would be great if I can co-star with actor Tony Leung when chances come up."

Song also presented ginseng tea she brought from South Korean to her fans at the event, the report said.

Last edited by ~sweetheart~ on Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fullhouse.niceboard.net
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

Female Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:14 pm

ABC broadcast, Jang Dong Gun Song Hye Kyo Special Feature Broadcast

This month, US broadcasting channel ABC will feature Jang Dong Gun and Song Hye Kyo along with others for a scheduled special feature broadcast.

According to the Korea National Tourism Corporation who produced the program, ABC visited Korea in September. In all parts of Asia, there is a great interest in Hallyu stars. In the ABC broadcast, popular Hallyustars and sightseeing destinations.

thanks shanda for the translation
credit @songhyegyo.net
Back to top Go down
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:16 pm

To all SHK fans in the Philippines, Blue Alert (My girl an I) will be shown in QTV11 this coming Nov. 25 at 9:00pm
Back to top Go down
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:17 pm

ROEM winter collection

SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Roemmakingwinter061330SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Roemmakingwinter086092SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Roemmakingwinter014687
SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Roemmakingwinter284881SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Roemmakingwinter159474SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Roemmakingwinter193244

credit: Utkim & Shanda of Song HyeKyo's thread in Soompi
Back to top Go down
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:20 pm

Song HyeKyo was spotted at Melbourne Australia and she's shooting a Chinese CF.
[color=#ff0000]

SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Hk2hm7
SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Hk3wq6
SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Hk4tn9
SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] 4cacc01be62aa8d9ac6e75f9
SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] 81e3ea19a6c68576dbb4bdf9
SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] A2a1a27eb15ed6340dd7daf9

[color:e5aa=limegreen:e5aa]credit: miura of Song HyeKyo's thread in Soompi
credit: xiaiqiao, baido
Back to top Go down
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 7:25 pm

Song Hye Kyo has been cast in the New York based independent film, 'Fetish.'

Scheduled to film in New York, 'Fetish' is a psychological thriller about a woman who has spiritual ability. Starring opposite is Arno Frisch from the movie, 'Funny Game.'
Hollywood casting director Susan Shoemaker who is the one responsible for casting Song Hye Kyo said, "The first time I saw Song Hye Kyo was at the Busan International Film Festival, she is Eastern but yet posesses Western features which is greatly attractive" and "In the movie, 'HwangJini,' her acting showed determination and profound depth which made me even more impressed. I think with this movie, Song Hye Kyo will show a different side to her."

A rep from Song Hye Kyo's company stated, "These days Song Hye Kyo has been receiving Hollywood love calls but after carefully reviewing scenerios, she has selected the independent film, 'Fetish.' I think using the West as the backdrop and the East for the story, it will unravel mysteriously; it's a project that could form a huge response. This international project is expected to step forward slowly but steady."
Song Hye Kyo is scheduled to depart
on the 21st to begin filming.

credit shanda @songhyegyo.net
Back to top Go down
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 7:27 pm

Song Hye-gyo to Debut in U.S.

Actress Song Hye-gyo is to debut in the United States through independent movies.
Song has been cast to play a lead in director Sohn Su-beom's first full-length movie "Fetish." It's a psychological thriller about a woman who has unusual skills. Song will play opposite Arno Frisch, who played the lead in "Funny Game."
"Fetish" is a low-budget independent movie, but to Song it will serve as a springboard for her advancement to the U.S. because she will say 80 percent of her lines in English.
The movie's casting director, Susan Shopmaker, said she chose Song because she liked her Asian yet Western image. She added that the movie will reveal a new side of the actress.
Song's agency said the actress's role in the movie will hopefully secure her a spot in the global film industry.

Source: KBS Global
http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...0995_11692.html
Back to top Go down
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 7:28 pm

S. Korean star plays to U.S.
Song Hye-gyo will appear in indie 'Festish'

By DARCY PAQUET

SEOUL -- Actress Song Hye-gyo is set to become the latest South Korean star to debut in the U.S. with a leading role in indie feature "Fetish."

New York-produced psychological thriller will co-star Austrian actor Arno Frisch ("Funny Games") and be directed by Korean helmer/cinematographer Sohn Soopum, an NYU grad whose 2002 short "Fish in the Sea is Not Thirsty" screened in the Directors' Fortnight section at Cannes. Story centers around a woman with psychic abilities.

U.S.-based casting director Susan Shopmaker first met Song at the recent Pusan International Film Festival, where thesp's "Hwang Jin Yi" was in the official selection. Song is best known for her TV work, including dramas "Autumn Fairy Tale" and "All In"

Actress reportedly is leaving for New York today to take part in the month-long shoot.

Source: Variety.com
http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797636...yid=13&cs=1
Back to top Go down
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 7:33 pm

SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Shkaf
Song Hye-kyo Makes U.S. Debut in Indie Flick

By Lee Hyo-won
Staff Reporter

Following Jang Dong-kun and Jun Ji-hyun, actress Song Hye-kyo will also make her U.S. screen debut. But instead of heading to Hollywood, the 25-year-old left for New York Nov. 21 to take part in a low-budget independent film project.

In the psychological thriller "Fetish," Song will play the role of a Korean woman with supernatural powers, who possesses an American woman's body in order to steal her husband. She will star opposite Austrian actor Arno Frisch, who is well known from the 1997 film "Funny Games."

Korean filmmaker Sohn Soo-pum will helm the project. The New York University graduate is the silver medallist of the 2002 Student Academy Awards and was invited to the Cannes Film Festival that same year for his short films. Sohn makes his feature film directorial debut with "Fetish."

Casting director Susan Shopmaker ("Hedwig and the Angry Inch," Michael Kang's "The Motel" and "West 32nd") took note of Song in her latest film "Hwang Jin Yi" at the Pusan (Busan) International Film Festival in October. She was reportedly impressed by Song's beauty, which has both Eastern and Western charms, according to Song's management agency Sidus HQ.

Most of the dialogue will be in English with some Korean. Song has been polishing her English during visits to New York and through lessons here, according to Sidus HQ.

The actress shot to hallyu superstardom through her roles in TV dramas "All In" and "Full House," but she was not so lucky on the big screen, with "My Girl and I" and "Hwang Jin Yi" garnering lukewarm responses.

"Fetish" is expected to become a stepping-stone for Song's international debut. "Song Hye-kyo has been receiving offers from Hollywood. While carefully looking through the scripts, she chose this one because it establishes a common ground between East and West," Na Byeong-jun from Sidus HQ told Yonhap.

Credits: hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/speci.../178_14124.html
Back to top Go down
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 8:06 pm

Song Hye Kyo, "U.S. Debut 80% of lines to be in English"

Actress Song Hye Kyo who will make her US debut in an independent film will say 80% of her lines in English.

On the 27th, an associate close to Song Hye Kyo said "In Song Hye Kyo's U.S. debut project 'Fetish,' 80% of her lines will be in English."

The associate explained that Song Hye Kyo's management company Sidus HQ has been encouraging her to study English and she had a short term stay in the United States where she was able to devote her energy to it. The biggest stumbling block to overcome for advancing into the American market is having sufficient language skills.

Song Hye Kyo's 'Fetish' will be New York base director Soon Su Bum's full-length directorial debut. In this project, she will appear as a woman with spiritual ability. Song Hye Kyo attended this year's Pusan Film Festival where casting director Susan Shopmaker recommended her for 'Fetish.'

Song Hye Kyo's close associate also explained, "From the middle of this month, she began filming in New York. She will continue to film on location until December 20th."

Having'Full House, 'All In,' etc. on her side, Song Hye Kyo is a star widely known in Asia. With 'Fetish,' if she is able to show her capability and receive good evaluation from the American market then the plan is for a full-scale advancement into Hollywood.

@Shanda
Back to top Go down
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 8:10 pm

SONG HYE KYO, NINTENDO 'WELCOME TO ANIMAL CROSSING' AD APPEARANCE

SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Shk8SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Shk9SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Shk11SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Shk10SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Shk6-1
SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Nintendo2tt2

Nintendo of Korea (
http://www.nintendo.co.kr) is scheduled to launch their Nintendo DS software 'Welcome to Animal Crossing' on December 6, 2007. It was announced on the 28th that popular actress Song Hye Kyo is appointed as the campaign model.

Whether she was in the midst of getting her makeup done or taking a brief break during filming, Song Hye Kyo did not let the DS leave her hand as she was absorbed in the game.

Nintendo of Korea explained their reason for selecting Song Hye Kyo as their model, "She is cheerful and healthy with a natural image and regardless of age and gender, Song Hye Kyo receives love from many people.'Welcome to Animal Crossing' is easy and comfortable for anyone to enjoy and Song Hye Kyo matches well with this image."

SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] File
The plan is for the CM to start airing on November 29th.

@Shanda
Back to top Go down
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 7:57 pm

6th KOREA FILM AWARDS

Date : 1 December 2007
Time 6.55 (korean Time - MBC )

신인여우상 (Best New Actress)
고주연 (기담) Goh Ju-yeon- Epitaph
김꽃비 (삼거리 극장) Kim Kkot-bi - Midnight Ballad for Ghost Theater
이연희 (M) Lee Yeon-Hee -M
김태희 (중천) Kim Tae Hee - The Restless
송혜교 (황진이) Song Hye Gyo - Hwang jin Yi

미술상 (Best Art Direction)
김유정, 이민복 (기담) LEE Min-bok - Epitaph
백경인 (삼거리 극장) For Eternal Heart
유주호, 윤상윤 (M) (M)
박일현 (화려한 휴가) Splendid Holiday ( May 18)
정구호, 김진철 (황진이) Hwang Jin yi

촬영상 (Best Cinematography)

조용규 (밀양) Secret Sunshine
홍경표 (M) Alex HONG - M
정일성 (천년 학) Beyond the years
최영환 (타짜) CHOI Young-hwan (Tazza )
최영택 (황진이) CHOI Young-taek Hwang Jin yi

조명상 (Best Lighting)
최석재 (가을로) Traces of Love
이주생 (극락도 살인 사건) Paradise Murdered
김지훈 (기담) Epitaph
최철수 (M) CHOI Chul-soo (M)
임재영 (황진이) LIM Jae-young - Hwang Jin yi

음악상 (Best Music)
방준석 (라디오 스타) Radio Star
이재학 (미녀는 괴로워) 20 Pounds Beauty
칸노 요코 (우아한 세계) The Show Must go on
양방언 (천년 학) Beyond the years
원 일 (황진이) Hwang jin yi

Official Website
http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/ent/koreafilm/06/index.html

Back to top Go down
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 7:59 pm

"Best New Actress"--SHK

SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] 2007120120182375746_1
Today (Saturday), Hye-kyo received the Best New Actress Award
at the 6th Korea Grand Film Awards
for her superb performance in Hwang Jin Yi.
She was unable to receive the award in person.
She is now in NYC to shoot an indeendent movie. "Fetish."
The Best New Actor Award goes to Daniel Henney.
The film awards are sponsored by MBC TV, a major
Korean television station.

From Hyebaragi!
Back to top Go down
cutee_mae
cutee_mae

Female Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2007-11-07

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 4:53 pm

nice! nice! NICE!!!

who'll be her guy partner in FETISH?? Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.barkadik.com
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 12:00 am

Omma's Nintendo DS CF screen caps

SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Animalcrossing009571ht7SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Animalcrossing023250wa4SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Animalcrossing075166gj6

credit: mhbt of Song HyeKyo thread of Soompi
Back to top Go down
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 12:01 am

here's some pix ni Omma

SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] Makeupdoesplay21rt4

credit: from hyesa
Back to top Go down
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 12:02 am

Song Hye Gyo's X-MAS IN THE U.S. WITH SANTA

Actress Song Hye Gyo will be quite busy during the end of this year and New Year's Day as she'll be spending her time between the U.S. and Korea.

She will spend Christmas in the U.S. and celebrate New Year's in Korea. She is currently in New York filming the movie 'Fetish' and when that is completed, she'll spend Christmas in the U.S. before returning home.

A rep close to Song Hye Gyo revealed, "Fetish is an independent film as it is only requiring a short time, 1 month to finish filming. Due to filming, Song Hye Gyo wasn't able to attend the Korea Film Awards where she won the Best New Actress award, she is greatly sorry. She was thankful to be a candidate and even more delighted that she received the award."

After filming is finished in the U.S., her plans include CF filming and spending the last day of this year and the first day of next year with her family in Korea

@Shanda

Back to top Go down
chinaeyes711
chinaeyes711

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 6:17 pm

Nicole Kidman-Song Hye Gyo, Similar But Different CF

SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] 2-1

Hollywood star Nicole Kidman and Song Hye Gyo show similiar features in a subject for a picture.

Nicole Kidman is the model for Nintendo Europe's game, 'More Brain Training from Dr Kawashima: How Old Is Your Brain?' (also known as known as 'Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day' in the U.S.) whereas Song Hye Gyo is appointed as Nintendo Korea's model [for 'Welcome to Animal Crossing']; both are seen in their advertisements sitting on the sofa at home being fully absorbed in their games.

The similar products have different images but through Nicole Kidman cuteness and Song Hye Gyo's innocent charm, they show a similar vibe.

A Nintendo official said, "Nicole Kidman's product has not been released in Korea yet" and "I wanted to emphasize a product that would bring high awareness for learning that would be easy and comfortable for anyone."

@Shanda

Back to top Go down
~sweetheart~
Admin
Admin
~sweetheart~

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 9:14 am

Song Hye Kyo in Beijing for Shampoo Brand Promotion, Thursday January 24, 2008 China

CRIENGLISH.com

South Korean actress Song Hye Kyo attended a promotional event for a shampoo brand in Beijing on Wednesday and shared her personal experience on hairdressing with Chinese fans.

The Beijing News reported that the star has published a book introducing effective methods of body building and hairdressing.

The singer also expressed her wish to cooperate with Chinese directors and actors. Hong Kong directors Liu Weiqiang and Wong Kar Wai were the two movie makers that she admires the most and she said "It would be great if I can co-star with actor Tony Leung when chances come up."

Song also presented ginseng tea she brought from South Korean to her fans at the event, the report said.
Back to top Go down
~sweetheart~
Admin
Admin
~sweetheart~

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 4:28 am

Song Kang-ho, Song Hye-kyo Attend Asian Film Awards in Hong Kong, Thursday March 13, 2008 Korea

Song Kang-ho and Song Hye-kyo will attend the second annual Asian Film Awards in Hong Kong on the 17th. They were invited as the main characters of "Secret Sunshine" and "Hwangjin-y - Movie - 2007", respectively.

Tony Leung and Wei Tang from "Lust, Caution", Lee Yeon-gul, and Miki Nakatani, the winner of last year's Best Female in Leading Role award, will attend the ceremony to be held in the Hong Kong Convention Center at 8 PM.

In addition, Tadanobu Asano, who won at the 2008 Oscars for "Mongol", Japanese director Masayuki Suo of "I Just Didn't Do It", and Taiwanese director Ming-liang Tsai will be there. Stephanie Sun, who has been judged as an excellent Asian musical actress, will make a special appearance. There are also plans for a red carpet event starting at 6:30 PM.

This event will be broadcast live on the Hong Kong English channel TVB, which covers Asia, Australia, and some parts of Europe.

http://hancinema.net/
Back to top Go down
~sweetheart~
Admin
Admin
~sweetheart~

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:53 am

Most wanted: Song Hye-kyo
Sunday March 16, 2008 Korea
Submitted by francesca

Most wanted: Song Hye-kyo

Korean beauty Song Hye-kyo will soon be the “most wanted” talent in Korea when her contract with Sidus HQ expires on April 11.

The Full House star has not revealed what her next step is, but word has it that many agencies are wooing her.

The same thing happened three years ago. Competition for Song was so stiff that her deposit reached a billion won. When Sidus HQ eventually bagged the coveted contract with the Korean actress, the company’s stock prices skyrocketed.

Since then, the 26-year-old has tried to diversify as an actress by taking on roles in the period flick Hwangjiny and even toplining the indie movie Fetish.

Many are curious about her next career move. While that remains to be seen, the soon-to-be main model for Korean beauty brand Laneíge will be attending the 2nd Asian Film Awards in Hong Kong on March 17.

K-popped
Source & Pic credit: Naver News with translations by Joe Gimm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]   SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SONG HYE KYO Current News [August 2007-Present]
Page 1 of 1