BI-KYO FORUM BOARD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BI-KYO FEVER

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
~sweetheart~
Admin
Admin
~sweetheart~

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2007-11-06

RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007] Empty
PostSubject: RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007]   RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007] I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2007 10:16 pm

In posting News And Updates Please don't forget to credit your sources.

Format:

Date
Subject/Title
Content

Source/Credit:

Last edited by on Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fullhouse.niceboard.net
~sweetheart~
Admin
Admin
~sweetheart~

PostSubject: Re: RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007]   RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 2:57 am

06/13/07 StarNews; Rain, I want to bring this tour to successful conclusion
Star News (6/14/07, Korean time)

Rain expresses his heavy feeling about the postponement of US tour due to name Rain and also wants to bring this world tour to successful conclusion.

Rain spokesperson said, We've seen several articles regarding postponement of US tour. Some mentioned about Monetary issues and some mentioned others. It is very distressing when you hear the press saying the concert is postponed because of monetary issue.

Rain said, But I will do my best on my part even with any misunderstanding.

In fact, He worked hard for US tour and he was preparing and was acquiring US visa for the tour as soon as he came back from Thailand concert.

Rain also express, Until now, I worked hard on this big event, so call World Tour and I think it was a success so far. But at the end of journey, US tour, we faced problem with name issue and some disagreement between promoters. I want to bring it to successful conclusion.

In any case, if the concerts scale gets minimized, I will try to compensate the fans in multilateral alternative plans like fanmeeting or picture show.

Rain also emphasized, Fans shouldn't suffer in any way because this. I am also deeply stressed over this. I worked hard and tried my best for this tour. And I am devastated this kind of things happened. I will try to find a way to solve this problem in every aspect for fans.

Rain's US tour schedule will be decided after the verdict about the name issue law suit by Rain Corporation in USA on 14th.
The World Tour promotion company, StarM said. All US tour schedule will be re-announced after the verdict of law suits

gyummy@mtstarnews.com
Translated by Jay@Rain-USA
posted by:angelordevil@kmusic thread

credit: chinaeyes
Back to top Go down
~sweetheart~
Admin
Admin
~sweetheart~

PostSubject: Re: RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007]   RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 2:59 am

07.06.07 Rain "Can't go ahead without permission", Rain's comments about USA concerts

Rain said, "I'm sorry, but I can't go ahead with the concerts with all the legal issues..."

International star RAIN has made his comment about the postpone of his USA world tour.

On Jun 7, Rain said, "The lawsuit is still under progress. Although we suppose it won't affect the schedule so much, we are still unable to go ahead with the concerts while there're legal problems." "We plan to re-schedule the tour concert after settling this lawsuit."

According to Rain, a USA company named Rain Corporation has raised a lawsuit in USA because the name "Rain" was their registered tradename. And they requested that Rain cannot use this name during his world tour in USA. They applied for temporary ban on Feb 20.

"Based on the information provided by our local lawyers, there are 6 "Rain" names but they only raised the lawsuit against our Rain.." "We suspect they may have other intention...."

Rain continued, "We are pretty sure the lawsuit will be denied. Yet to prepare for the worst scenario, we are forced to postpone the concerts."

The court approved the temporary ban to be effective on Jun 14, which is one day before Hawaii concert. So if the concert still goes on, the fans might get into trouble if there's any negative impact. Thus it's a tough and sad decision to make.

"After Jun 14, we'll be informed about the court decision. Then only we'll announce the tour schedule for Hawaii, Atlanta, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, etc."

Source: Starnews
Chi translation by lovebi_rain@Baidu RAIN bar
Eng translation by jjbug@rain-malaysia

credits to: chinaeyes
Back to top Go down
~sweetheart~
Admin
Admin
~sweetheart~

PostSubject: Re: RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007]   RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:00 am

Rain will use his name for US concerts, US court dismissed the law suit
Star News

World Star, Rain is able to use his name for US concerts after all.
StarM, who conducting Rain’s world tour, announced US court dismissed the law suit from Rain Corp. which requesting not to use Rain name in Rain’s concert in USA on 22nd of June.

Earlier, Rain Corp. from Nevada filed law suit requesting Rain should not use name Rain for his USA concerts.
This company has Beatle Tribute band called ‘Rain’ and the reason for the law suit was they have the service right register for the name, Rain.

They filed the law suit for service right on Feb. 22 and also filed the request Rain to stop the US concert tour. Therefore Rain’s US concert became a vague and ended up postponing US concerts.

StarM said, “US concerts are already postponed so we are discussing reschedule of concerts (ATL, NY, SF, LA) will release new schedule once it is decided”.

Rain will perform LA concert on Jun. 30 and head to Berlin, Germany to shoot his new movie, Speed Racer.

Source; WonKyum, Kim @ realtime.Star News
Translation; Jay@rain-usa.com

Back to top Go down
~sweetheart~
Admin
Admin
~sweetheart~

PostSubject: Re: RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007]   RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:02 am

Rain "A short break in USA to relax"

Singer RAIN will go for a short break in USA to relax mentally and physically~

Singer Rain is going to announce his new agency in early July during his stay in USA. Rain departed from Incheon International Airport at 1930, June 17 to Los Angeles. He arrived in USA earlier to prepare for his LA concert at Staples Center as well as attending the publicity activities. Meanwhile, he is planning a short trip nearby within these two weeks.

A representative of Rain expressed, "He decided to give himself a short break before deciding the new agency. That's why he came to USA earlier. He shall make an official announcement in written form this early July."

Soon after his LA concert, Rain will start his fiming in Hollywood movie <Speed Racer> on July 3 onwards. Instead of flying back to Korea, Rain will go to Berlin directly. Rain has hired a 24-hour tutor to train his English language before he starts the movie.

"Rain will stay in Berlin for two months until the end of August, so Korean fans can hardly see him in these days. He promised that he'll do his best in the casting of the role 'TAEJO TOGOKHAN'..." added by the representative.

Source: DAUM, ±è¼ºÀÇ ±âÀÚ zzam@jesnews.co.kr
Chi translation by lovebi_rain@Baidu RAIN bar

Back to top Go down
~sweetheart~
Admin
Admin
~sweetheart~

PostSubject: Re: RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007]   RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:03 am

No more calumnies to Rain!
"You cannot defame our Rain just like that!"

A famous Korean music producer voiced out when being interviewed about his opinion on the cancellation of Rain's LA concert, "If he falls, then it's more difficult for the second and third Rain to stand out!" We can sense the trembles from the producer's voice.

Yi Denglong (pinyin), the music representative from DR music handled Rain's development plan in China since 2004, including other overseas concerts at China, Thailand and other countries in year 2006. But now, he is the third party which is irrelevant to Rain and StarM, the main organiser of Rain's world tour. However, we should treat the comments from a professional music producer as an advice, and Mr Yi has talked about something rare.

"My story may be quite surprising. I would like to tell you about Rain's personality and many Hallyu stars will be involved. 'Where did you go shopping?' 'Did you go for the massage?' These are the common questions among others. But singer Rain, he never wastes his time... His mind is only about the show in 24 hours. Once, it was very late when they reached hotel, but Rain still practiced with his dancers in their room. I can't describe how impressed I was. On the other hand, if it's overseas performance, he himself got ready and came out at 8.30am although the departure time from hotel is 9am. He sat in the empty car waiting for everyone. He is the RAIN who always be prepared earlier than anyone."

Mr Yi also mentioned about the joint concert with Rain in Dec 2004. "It was a hoax, the local promoter suddenly disappeared. Rain didn't get any payment nor air ticket, but he still stood there to perform without receiving a single cent. He said money is not that important and in fact he convinced us to carry on the show. I guess he must cry over this cancellation (LA concert)."

Mr Yi indicated that the major victims in this incident is neither concert promoter nor StarM and his previous agency, but they are RAIN himself, the audience and Hallyu!

"Now the domestic music market is dying, it's hard to find a super star like Rain in short period. Moreover, anti-Hallyu phenomenon is spreading in Asia where they are looking for the replacement to overtake Korean singers. It is a hard time for us now. Therefire, Rain is the hope of Korean music producers, he is the dream of Korean singers and because of him, he is the Hallyu. So you can imagine how tired he is!"

Talking about the disputes in USA, Mr Yi said that Rain did nothing wrong, "If problems occur on the stage, that is singer's fault. However, if the singer is unable to stand on the stage , it's the mistake of production team and organiser as they were not well-prepared."

"Speaking frankly, Rain can't have such large scale tour concerts without the financial support from big company like StarM. Well by right, StarM should be highly appraised. Yet the communication problems with local organisers and even mistakes can occur in local performances. Now, it's not the right time to find out who is the victim or who should be responsible, the key point is: they have to learn how to chance the right chance."

Mr Yi suggested that it would be good if everything goes back to the beginning.

All the passions of Rain should go back to the origin. It will be better that Rain can put in more efforts and time when presenting to the overseas fans, and he should learn to control the commercial elements stamped on him. For those who are looking forward to his success shall keep on supporting him. And so, all the things are clear.

Regarding Korean Air gave up their sponsorship with Rain, Mr Yi was very disappointed. "The sponsorship was much more significant compared to what the government and tourism board have done. It provided a very strong support to Hallyu culture. With the supports from airlines, these singers and artists are able to fly to all corners of the world and form a strong network of Korean culture. If there's a chance, I hope Korean Air can assist Rain again."

Mr Yi still could remember the scene where about 40k audience rushed to see Rain in the performance, the screams and cheers seemed surrounding his ears.

"I was touched and I couldn't hold my tears, that was Rain's charisma and it showed the power of our culture. The world tour has gathered more than 250,000 audience from different countries and now, we should show our support to Rain who is fighting alone and not even has a good sleep. The media, the fans and the organisers should not discuss further about the losses, but they should encourage Rain to go back to his origin and stand up again. He is walking alone on a undeveloped route, it's getting tougher for him. Rain is a friend who doesn't ask for money or anything, he is a friend who will stand up immediately when he feels our warm and kind hearts So we must do that."

Source: Sportskhan
Chi translation by Rain_No1@Baidu RAIN bar

Back to top Go down
~sweetheart~
Admin
Admin
~sweetheart~

PostSubject: Re: RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007]   RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:04 am

Rain, Chosen as the Man of the Beach with his Sculpted Body

Singer Rain was recently selected as the number one singer to put suntan oil on.

When 1937 of the online music site, Juke On’s, members were asked, ‘Which singer would you want to put suntan oil on at the beach?”, Rain came up with 815 votes, taking 42.1% of the votes to charge the number 1 spot.

Rain’s ‘well-sculpted body’ not only captivates the eyes of the Koreans, but is also taking the eyes of women in Japan as well.

Internet users who took the survey responded, “I would like to rub suntan oil on Rain’s sexy body. I’d like to see Rain’s wide shoulders and back.”

Son Ho-Young of the group GOD, received 347 votes (17.9%) to take 2nd place. Son Ho-Young appeared on the cover of a health magazine this year, showing off his great upper-body and defined abs, which he won the ‘Junior Grand Prize for Best Abs’ for as well.

Seven came in 3rd with 338 votes (17.4%). Seven is currently in America preparing for his American album. 4th place was taken by Fly to the Sky’s Brian with 249 votes (12.9%), and Kim Dong-Wan took 5th place with 188 votes (9.7%).

Back to top Go down
~sweetheart~
Admin
Admin
~sweetheart~

PostSubject: Re: RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007]   RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:06 am

Rain talk taken from KoreAm journal Rain talk On his Asian fans:

“Asia is my hometown, so all the Asian fans always want me to do well, they want me to be success full. I don’t want to disappoint my fans, so while I’m not sure I can be successful in America, I will try the best I can.”

On his favorite performer:

“Michael Jackson. Even though there are a lot of rumors and scandal surrounding him, I still think he’s the best artist.”

On comparisons to Usher and Justin Timberlake:

“I am a newcomer in the U.S, so being compared to them is really an honor.”

On the perception that K-pop is superficial:

“I think k-pop is more visual and the visuals overpower the talent, which is why maybe some people think k-pop artist aren’t talented.”

On the most important lesson he’s learned:

“Everything may not work the way you planned it, so I learned to always think about the best and worst scenario.”

On what else he wants out of life:

“A little later, after 30 and before I become 40, I want to be with somebody I love.”

On the kind of girl he’s looking for:

“She has to be a good person, cook really well and be aegyo (sweet and girly).”

On life outside of performing:

“I don’t have a personal life. Whenever I have free time I just work on my career. That’s how I play.”

On being told to get an eyelid surgery:

“As I get older I feel that the beauty of nature is best. I try to not focus on what I don’t have as far as looks are concerned. I think it’s wise to make to most of your assets. In doing so I have come to know people who like me and consider me an attractive person.”

On his sex appeal:

“To this day I’m not comfortable with this questions like ‘are you trying to look sexy?’ But, of course if you thing of me as a sexy person that would be a good thing.”

credit:jihoon@rain-usa
source:rain-usa

Back to top Go down
~sweetheart~
Admin
Admin
~sweetheart~

PostSubject: Re: RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007]   RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 3:10 am

Rain's photoshoot in Spain caught the public attention, Sunday July 29, 2007 Korea
RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007] Bi13-9

Rain's photoshoot in Spain was recently released and soon it caught the public attention. In these days, the disputes and arguements about concert cancellation bothered him.

Other than his identity as singer, Rain is also catching up pretty fast as an actor and model. A magazine, <Bogra> August issue will disclose a few posters of Rain in branded fashion.

Taking Spain as an exotic foreign background, Rain and the Caucasian model interepreted a wonderful atmosphere. Either in simple suit with tight close jacket and holding the lady model, or standing alone beside the wall like expecting for something, or passing the lady model in smart casual clothes... Rain looks so handsome from every angle.

It is very different from his energetic and powerful image on the stage, Rain in these photos seems to have mild lighting around him, like those lights from Christmas snows.

Lady fans are so impressed and highly appraised Rain's ability to adapt and interpret any costumes perfectly.

Looking at Rain in these posters, perhaps people may have such thought: It's too wasted if he's just a singer. To Rain who is gradually expending his influence in the world, hope that he can enter into Hollywood movie and show his elegant demeanor!

[color=purple]Source: Daum
Chi translation by Rain_No1 (The World of Rain)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007]   RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RAIN BI News Archive [January 2007- July 2007]
Page 1 of 1